LG 240: Electives




In the previous post, I've explained on the major course and in this post I will be explaining more about the minor electives that students will be undertaking in their 2nd semester.


There are 3 types of electives that the students can choose for their minor,which are :
  •  Business Management
  •  Education 
  •  Tourism Management

These electives are based on first come, first serve basis. There are also other requirements such as, the availability of the elective lecturer and the size of the class. A minimum of 15 students is needed for a class slot to be opened.

For the Business Management elective, it is final paper-based for all of its course subjects. Meanwhile for the Education elective, is a mixture of final paper-based and ongoing assessments. As no one from my batch minored in Tourism Management, I do not have much information for that.I chose to minor in Business Management along with 33 other tortured souls.

Apart from that, you will also need to take a Third Language subject during your 3rd semester. This subject is notorious for filling up quickly during the course registration. You will be placed in a class with other students either from LG241 (Degree in Malay for Professional Communication), LG242 ( Degree in Arabic for Professional Communication) or from the Engineering faculty (being in class with them is considered a bonus as we don't mingle much outside of our faculty lol). 

You can choose from either one of the languages below:-
  • Japanese language
  • Mandarin dialect (Chinese)
  • French language
  • German language
  • Arabic language

The most popular languages coveted by the students are Mandarin and Japanese. I myself wanted to take Mandarin but the class was full in less than 5 minutes during the course registration. Thus, I settled for my second choice which is Japanese (this class was also full in less than 13 minutes). It's safe to say that I did not regret not getting into Mandarin. The subject has a final test and it's a 3 semester-long subject.

I will explain more about my minor in my next post. Until then, take care!

Comments

  1. Hey! Do you mind sharing your social media accounts aside from this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina! Sorry for the late reply. You can follow me on IG : @luxartemis . Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts